Milano in September: “the city to be”
Milano is a great and safe city, a must-see in Italy and Europe. Notwithstanding its reputation as a city focused on business and finance, the truth is that Milano is full of history, culture and beautiful spots.
The city is full of cultural life and activities every September, a month with a concentration of important events, such as the following:
Milano Fashion Week – Women
There are more than 170 catwalks spread around different locations in the centre of town during the fashion week, with many international VIP’s making an appearance at one of the world’s premiere women’s fashion events. Milan Fashion Week is not just catwalks; it features many side events and exclusive parties in luxurious locations organized by Fashion Houses, PR Agencies and Modelling Agencies.
F1 Grand Prix d’Italia – Milano, Monza
The Monza Grand Prix is one of the world’s best known historical automobile race circuits and attracts thousands of people every year. In the last few years, we have seen numerous sideevents developing in the weeks before and after the race, involving people from the entourage and F1 teams and the Event Agencies which organize the race, with safe-driving tests and many interesting activities.
MiTo September in Music – Milano/Torino
MiTo has since its first edition become one of the MUST events for Milanese people who love music: a rich calendar of concerts and events with musicians from many countries, presenting different styles such as classical music, opera, jazz and traditional music, who invade Milano and Torino for a month of performances.
Milano Film Festival
If you love cinema, you cannot miss the Milano Film Festival: different locations each evening for a week, many films including big shots and independent jewels scheduled during the days of the Festival, with reduced entrance fees and very often the possibility to see films before the official launch.
Why should you attend this Congress
- The most comprehensive annual work and educational programmes covering all IP on a global basis.
- Three days with 11 Panel Sessions on all aspects of IP law and practice, including a look at IP in the food and fashion industries, with an Italian flavor!
- The traditional Pharma Day focusing on the latest issues including biosimilars and skinny labels.
- Sessions and events for in-house practitioners.
- The latest on the UPC/UP, including a UPC Mock Trial.
- A Lunch Session featuring an international Judges’ Panel looking at the role of expert evidence.
- An update and look ahead for the EPO from its President, Benoit Battistelli.
- Study Question sessions and Standing Committee Meetings looking at contemporary issues across the IP landscape.
- Meet dignitaries from the IP World, including WIPO Director General Francis Gurry and heads and senior officials of the world’s leading IP Offices, GO’s and NGO’s.
- Networking – any way you want it, from the leisurely Italian café to the hospitality suites available to industry and firms.
- Social events and receptions around Milano – including an extraordinary evening at “La Scala”!
- Milano and Italy in September – an opportunity to experience “la dolce vita”!
By the President of AIPPI, Felipe Claro, OC Chair Milano 2016, Carlo Faggioni and President of the Italian National Group, Renata Righetti. Read more…